The AIM AMR metering system can read and control several terminal units via an EMPC100i Concentrator. An EMPC100i reads the metering devices automatically and stores the data for later retrieval by the AIM AMR system. The system only needs one connection to the concentrator instead of separate connections to each terminal unit. This allows efficient and reliable communication with less cost. The voltage quality monitor enables constant monitoring of delivery quality and thus better customer service.
Reliable data gathering
The EMPC100i concentrator reads the metering devices automatically, using a configurable reading cycle. If the first reading of a meter is not successful the EMPC100i re-reads the meter as defined in its configuration. Metering data is therefore always retrieved reliably. The EMPC100i also stores the read metering data for later retrieval.
Standardised communication solutions
The EMPC100i concentrator communication with the metering units in the low voltage network is carried out using the LonWorks® network, developed by Echelon® and used by thousands of manufacturers in their products. Metering data and control commands are transferred in low voltage network ensuring reliable communication. Communication between the EMPC100i and the metering system is TCP/IP based and data can be transferred using LAN (Local Area Network), GSM/GPRS communication, Landis+Gyr's M100-T PSTN modem or modems that support Ritex M1 interface.
On-time process information
The EMPC100i concentrator's voltage quality monitor allows careful monitoring of delivery quality. EMPC100i registers all occurrences of delivery abnormalities that exceed the defined boundaries. This gives you accurate, on-time information on the delivery processes, and helps improve customer service.
The metering devices that are read and controlled by an EMPC100i concentrator can be introduced to the metering system by using the AIM AMR software.
The EMPC100i concentrator can be remote configured. Remote configuration can be used to add new functions, change the configuration or download new software. Thus all changes can be handled cost-effectively, without needing to visit the site to control or monitor the EMPC100i.
EMPC100i in the AIM AMR metering system
The EMPC100i concentrator functions as a link between the terminal units and the AIM AMR metering system and transmits information, such as control commands and register readings, between them. The EMPC100i communicates with the terminal units using Echelon’s LonTalk® protocol. EMPC100i supports Enermet's repeaters. The following communications media are available:
- PLC A-band (PLT-22 compatible)
- PLC C-band (PLT-22 compatible)
- PLC TP C-band (PLT-22 compatible)
Flexible and cost-effective
Thanks to AIM AMR´s modularity, the system can be built step by step according to your needs. As the system utilises the existing communication network of power lines, the installation costs remain low and communication costs are minimised.
- Power and intelligence to handle even the largest transformer area
- Ready processed data of all meters immediately available from EMPC100i
- Intelligent reading cycle and automatic monitoring of delivered data
- Automatic re-reading for missing values
- Serial readings, ad-hoc readings, register readings
- Advanced meter configuration management
- Transfers dynamic and ad hoc commands from AMR system to the meter
- Changing alarm settings
EMPC100 GB Fact Sheet v200
- PLC (PLT22 compatible), A-band
- PLC (PLT22 compatible), C-band
- PLC TP (PLT22 compatible), C-band
- Dual band GSM/GPRS
- Ritex M1 modem, external
- M100-T PSTN modem, external
- LAN, 10 base-t Ethernet
- Fourth generation AMR with best possible usability, reliability and functionality.
- Complete set of applications to support all main energy company processes.
- Unlimited scalability allows capacity expansion when needed